TORONTO – December 19, 2016 – Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. and its affiliate AlphaPro Management Inc. (collectively “Horizons ETFs”) are pleased to announce the distribution amounts per unit (the “Distributions”) for certain of the Horizons ETFs family of exchange traded funds (the “ETFs”), for the 2016 tax year-end, as indicated in the table below.
Each ETF is required to distribute any net income and capital gains that they have earned in the year. All of the Distributions indicated as “Cash Distribution per Unit” in the table (the “Cash Distributions”) will be paid in cash unless the unitholder has enrolled in the dividend reinvestment plan (“DRIP”) of the respective ETF.
The annual non-cash Distributions, indicated as “Reinvested Annual Non-Cash Distributions per Unit (Est.)” in the table (the “Non-Cash Distributions”), will not be paid in cash but will be reinvested and reported as taxable Distributions and will be used to increase each unitholder’s adjusted cost base of their units of the respective ETF. The projected nature of the estimated Non-Cash Distributions for the respective ETFs as either income or capital gains is disclosed in the footnotes to the table below. The Non-Cash Distributions will be reinvested automatically in additional units of the respective ETFs and immediately consolidated so that the number of units held by the unitholder, the units outstanding of the ETFs and the net asset value of the ETFs will not change as a result of the Non-Cash Distributions. The annual Non-Cash Distribution rates in the table below are presented on an estimated basis. A press release confirming the final annual Non-Cash Distribution rates will be disseminated on or about the record date of the Distributions.
The ex-dividend date for both the Cash and Non-Cash Distributions is anticipated to be December 28, 2016, for all unitholders of record on December 30, 2016. The Cash Distributions will be paid in cash, or if the unitholder has enrolled in the respective ETF’s DRIP, reinvested in additional units of the applicable ETF, on or about January 12, 2017. The Non-Cash Distributions will be effective December 30, 2016.
Horizons ETFs will make an additional announcement of the December distributions for its family of covered call exchange traded funds on or about December 20, 2016.
per Unit (Est.)
* Based on the applicable December 16, 2016 net asset value per unit, which is available at www.HorizonsETFs.com.
(1) The Non-Cash Distributions for Horizons Active Corporate Bond ETF are projected to be capital gains in nature.
(2) The Non-Cash Distributions for Horizons Seasonal Rotation ETF are projected to be capital gains in nature.
(3) Distributions for Horizons Active US Dividend ETF are declared and paid in Canadian dollars, including those listed under the U.S. dollar traded ticker HAU.U. The approximate U.S. dollar equivalent distribution rate for HAU.U is $0.01384 per unit. For unitholders who hold the U.S. dollar traded HAU.U, distribution payments will typically be converted to U.S. dollars by the unitholder’s account holder.
(4) The Class E Units of Horizons Global Currency Opportunities ETF began trading on July 18, 2016. The distributions attributable to those units have been prorated from its launch date. The Non-Cash Distribution for Horizons Global Currency Opportunities ETF is projected to be income in nature.
(5) Horizons Managed Global Opportunities ETF Class F units, which are only available for purchase by way of an offering memorandum, will have a cash distribution of $0.28102 with a record date of December 22, 2016 and payable date of December 23, 2016.
(6) The Class E Units of Horizons Global Risk Parity ETF began trading on July 20, 2016. The distributions attributable to those units have been prorated from its launch date.
(7) Distributions for Horizons Active US Floating Rate Bond (USD) ETF are declared and paid in U.S. dollars, including those listed under the Canadian dollar traded ticker HUF. The approximate Canadian dollar equivalent distribution rate for HUF is $0.02911 per unit. For unitholders who hold the Canadian dollar traded HUF, distribution payments will typically be converted to Canadian dollars by the unitholder’s account holder.
(8) The Non-Cash Distribution for Horizons China High Dividend Yield Index ETF is projected to be income in nature.
(9) The Non-Cash Distribution for Horizons Cdn Insider Index ETF is projected to be capital gains in nature.
Distributions for the ETFs will vary from period to period.
About Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc.
Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. and its affiliate AlphaPro Management Inc. are innovative financial services companies offering the Horizons ETFs family of exchange traded funds. The Horizons ETFs family includes a broadly diversified range of investment tools with solutions for investors of all experience levels to meet their investment objectives in a variety of market conditions. Horizons ETFs has more than $7.0 billion of assets under management. With 76 ETFs listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the Horizons ETFs family makes up one of the largest families of ETFs in Canada. Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. and AlphaPro Management Inc. are members of the Mirae Asset Global Investments Group.
For further information:
Martin Fabregas, Investor Relations, (416) 601-2508 or 1-866-641-5739.