TORONTO – April 19, 2017 – Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. and its affiliate AlphaPro Management Inc. (collectively “Horizons ETFs”) are pleased to announce the distribution amounts per unit (the “Distributions”) for the Horizons ETFs suite of covered call exchange traded funds (the “ETFs”), for the period ending April 30, 2017, as indicated in the table below.
The ex-dividend date for the Distributions is anticipated to be April 25, 2017, for all unitholders of record on April 27, 2017. All Distributions for Advisor Class units (ticker symbols are denoted as ‘.A’ and ‘.V’ in the table below) will be paid in cash. The Distributions for Class E units of each ETF will be paid in cash, or if the unitholder has enrolled in the respective ETF’s dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP), reinvested in additional Class E units of the applicable ETF, on or about May 9, 2017.
As noted in a press release dated December 29, 2016, Horizons ETFs will be eliminating the Advisor Class units at the end of this month, so this will be the final Distribution paid on Advisor Class units. Advisor Class units will convert to Class E units after the close of business on April 28, 2017 (the “Conversion Date”) at a ratio to be determined by the respective net asset values of each class of unit on that date. Advisor Class unitholders who have their units converted to Class E units will receive any future Distributions paid on Class E units while they continue to be holders of record of those Class E units. The service fee payable on Advisor Class units for the month of April will be paid on or about May 12, 2017 to registered dealers whose clients are Advisor Class unitholders of record as at the Conversion Date.
|NAV Change from
in Yield from
(1) Based on the period from March 22, 2017 to April 18, 2017, where the prior month’s NAV (net asset value) per unit is adjusted to include the prior month’s distribution.
(2) Annualized and based on the applicable April 18, 2017 NAV per unit, which is available at www.HorizonsETFs.com.
(3) Annualized and based on the applicable March 22, 2017 NAV per unit, which is available at www.HorizonsETFs.com.
(4) The absolute change of the prior month’s previously announced annualized distribution yield, to the current month’s annualized distribution yield.
(5) Distributions for Horizons Enhanced Income US Equity (USD) ETF are declared and paid in U.S. dollars, including those listed under the Canadian dollar traded tickers HEA and HEA.A. The approximate Canadian dollar equivalent distribution rates for HEA and HEA.A are $0.07232 per unit and $0.06241 per unit, respectively. For unitholders who hold the Canadian dollar traded HEA and HEA.A, distribution payments will typically be converted to Canadian dollars by the unitholder’s account holder.
Each ETF does not have a fixed distribution but pays distributions monthly. Distribution rates are generally based on the average current volatility of the securities held by the ETF, along with any dividend income received, less expenses payable by the ETF. The amount of monthly cash distributions are expected to fluctuate from month to month, and there can be no assurance that an ETF will make any distributions in any particular month or months. Monthly distributions will be paid in cash, unless the investor has chosen to participate in the ETF’s reinvestment plan.
About Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc.
Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. and its affiliate AlphaPro Management Inc. are innovative financial services companies offering the Horizons ETFs family of exchange traded funds. The Horizons ETFs family includes a broadly diversified range of investment tools with solutions for investors of all experience levels to meet their investment objectives in a variety of market conditions. Horizons ETFs has $7.5 billion of assets under management. With 77 ETFs listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the Horizons ETFs family makes up one of the largest families of ETFs in Canada. Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. and AlphaPro Management Inc. are members of the Mirae Asset Global Investments Group.
For further information:
Martin Fabregas, Investor Relations, (416) 601-2508 or 1-866-641-5739.