TORONTO – December 21, 2022 – Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. (“Horizons ETFs”) is pleased to announce the distribution amounts per security (the “Distributions”) for certain of its exchange traded funds (the “ETFs”), for the 2022 tax year end, as indicated in the table below.
Each ETF is required to distribute any net income and capital gains that they have earned in the year. All of the Distributions indicated as “Cash Distribution per Security” in the table (the “Cash Distributions”) will be paid in cash unless the securityholder has enrolled in the dividend reinvestment plan (“DRIP”) of the respective ETF.
The estimated annual non-cash Distributions, indicated as “Reinvested Annual Non-Cash Distributions per Security (Est.)” in the table (the “Non-Cash Distributions”), will not be paid in cash but will be reinvested and reported as taxable Distributions and will be used to increase each securityholder’s adjusted cost base of their securities of the respective ETF. The Non-Cash Distributions will be reinvested automatically in additional securities of the respective ETFs and immediately consolidated so that the number of securities held by the securityholder, the securities outstanding of the ETFs and the net asset value of the ETFs will not change as a result of the Non-Cash Distributions. The annual Non-Cash Distribution rates in the table below are presented on an estimated basis. A press release confirming the final annual Non-Cash Distribution rates will be disseminated on or about the record date of the Distributions.
The ex-dividend date for the Distributions is anticipated to be December 29, 2022, for all ETFs except for the Horizons High Interest Savings ETF (“CASH”). The ex-dividend date for the Distribution for CASH is anticipated to be December 30, 2022. The record date for all ETFs will be December 30, 2022. The Distributions for securities of each ETF will be paid in cash or, if the securityholder has enrolled in the respective ETF’s dividend reinvestment plan, reinvested in additional securities of the applicable ETF, on or about January 12, 2023. The nominal payment date applied to the Non-Cash Distributions will also be January 12, 2023, though in actuality there will be no physical payment made as would be the case with the Cash Distributions.
Horizons ETFs has made an additional announcement regarding the December distributions for its family of covered call ETFs in a separate press release.
per Security (Est.)
as % of NAV
|Horizons Seasonal Rotation ETF||HAC||$0.09000||0.36%||Annually||$0.09595||0.39%|
|Horizons Robotics and Automation Index ETF(1)||RBOT||$0.10550||0.51%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Global Uranium Index ETF||HURA||$0.31900||1.50%||Annually||$0.89540||4.21%|
|Horizons Balanced TRI ETF Portfolio(2)||HBAL||$0.00318||0.03%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Conservative TRI ETF Portfolio(2)||HCON||$0.00198||0.02%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Growth TRI ETF Portfolio(2)||HGRO||$0.00449||0.04%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Big Data & Hardware Index ETF(3)||HBGD||$0.14282||1.18%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Emerging Markets Leaders ETF||HEMC||$0.02179||0.31%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Global Lithium Producers Index ETF||HLIT||$0.63262||1.77%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Global Semiconductor Index ETF(4)||CHPS||$0.18313||0.94%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons North American Infrastructure Development Index ETF||BLDR||$0.11239||0.46%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Global Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Index ETF||HVAX||$0.10324||0.62%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons GX Cybersecurity Index ETF||HBUG||$0.06347||0.36%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Copper Producers Index ETF||COPP||$0.29377||1.20%||Annually||–||–|
|Horizons Active Cdn Dividend ETF||HAL||$0.26560||5.40%||Quarterly||$0.06515||1.33%|
|Horizons Active Global Dividend ETF||HAZ||$0.29200||4.30%||Quarterly||–||–|
|Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF(5)||HMMJ||$0.08475||2.80%||Quarterly||–||–|
|Horizons Pipelines & Energy Services Index ETF||HOG||$0.09271||3.80%||Quarterly||$0.25860||10.59%|
|Horizons Inovestor Canadian Equity Index ETF||INOC||$0.01584||0.53%||Quarterly||–||–|
|Horizons Global Sustainability Leaders Index ETF||ETHI||$0.06816||0.71%||Quarterly||–||–|
|Horizons S&P Green Bond Index ETF||HGGB||$0.27280||5.00%||Quarterly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Corporate Bond ETF||HAB||$0.03749||4.63%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Cdn Bond ETF||HAD||$0.02781||3.73%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Global Fixed Income ETF||HAF||$0.03385||5.81%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Hybrid Bond and Preferred Share ETF||HYBR||$0.03632||5.72%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Ultra-Short Term Investment Grade Bond ETF||HFR||$0.04229||5.21%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Cdn Municipal Bond ETF||HMP||$0.03012||3.89%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Preferred Share ETF||HPR||$0.03701||5.99%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Floating Rate Senior Loan ETF||HSL||$0.05222||6.98%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active Ultra-Short Term US Investment Grade Bond ETF(6)||HUF.U||$0.03468||4.23%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active High Yield Bond ETF||HYI||$0.04589||7.22%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Tactical Absolute Return Bond ETF||HARB.J||$0.03675||5.00%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Active ESG Corporate Bond ETF||HAEB||$0.03354||4.62%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons High Interest Savings ETF||CASH||$0.18872||4.52%||Monthly||–||–|
|Horizons Canadian Utility Services High Dividend Index ETF||UTIL||$0.08007||4.39%||Monthly||–||–|
* Based on the applicable December 20, 2022 net asset value per security, which is available at www.HorizonsETFs.com.
(1) Distributions for Horizons Robotics and Automation Index ETF are declared and paid in Canadian dollars, including those listed under the U.S. dollar traded ticker RBOT.U. The approximate U.S. dollar equivalent distribution rate for RBOT.U is $0.07748 per security. For securityholders who hold the U.S. dollar traded RBOT.U, distribution payments will typically be converted to U.S. dollars by the securityholder’s account holder.
(2) Distributions for Horizons Balanced TRI ETF Portfolio (HBAL), Horizons Conservative TRI ETF Portfolio (HCON) and Horizons Growth TRI ETF Portfolio (HGRO) are in respect to securities lending revenue generated by the ETFs and are income in nature.
(3) Distributions for Horizons Big Data & Hardware Index ETF are declared and paid in Canadian dollars, including those listed under the U.S. dollar traded ticker HBGD.U. The approximate U.S. dollar equivalent distribution rate for HBGD.U is $0.10489 per security. For securityholders who hold the U.S. dollar traded HBGD.U, distribution payments will typically be converted to U.S. dollars by the securityholder’s account holder.
(4) Distributions for Horizons Global Semiconductor Index ETF are declared and paid in Canadian dollars, including those listed under the U.S. dollar traded ticker CHPS.U. The approximate U.S. dollar equivalent distribution rate for CHPS.U is $0.13449 per security. For securityholders who hold the U.S. dollar traded CHPS.U, distribution payments will typically be converted to U.S. dollars by the securityholder’s account holder.
(5) Distributions for Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF are declared and paid in Canadian dollars, including those listed under the U.S. dollar traded ticker HMMJ.U. The approximate U.S. dollar equivalent distribution rate for HMMJ.U is $0.06224 per security. For securityholders who hold the U.S. dollar traded HMMJ.U, distribution payments will typically be converted to U.S. dollars by the securityholder’s account holder.
(6) Distributions for the Horizons Active Ultra-Short Term US Investment Grade Bond ETF are declared and paid in U.S. dollars, including those listed under the Canadian dollar-traded ticker HUF. The approximate Canadian dollar equivalent distribution rate for HUF is $0.04722 per security. For securityholders who hold the Canadian dollar-traded HUF, distribution payments will typically be converted to Canadian dollars by the securityholder’s account holder.
Distributions for the ETFs will vary from period to period. For further information regarding the Distributions, please visit www.HorizonsETFs.com.
About Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. (www.HorizonsETFs.com)
Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. is an innovative financial services company and offers one of the largest suites of exchange traded funds in Canada. The Horizons ETFs product family includes a broadly diversified range of solutions for investors of all experience levels to meet their investment objectives in a variety of market conditions. Horizons ETFs has more than $22 billion of assets under management and 107 ETFs listed on major Canadian stock exchanges.
For further information:
(416) 933-5745 or (866) 641-5739
This communication is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to purchase exchange traded products managed by Horizons ETFs Management (Canada) Inc. (the “Horizons Exchange Traded Products”) and is not, and should not be construed as, investment, tax, legal or accounting advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. Individuals should seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding any particular investment. Investors should consult their professional advisors prior to implementing any changes to their investment strategies. These investments may not be suitable to the circumstances of an investor.
Commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with an investment in the Horizons Exchange Traded Products. The Horizons Exchange Traded Products are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. The prospectus contains important detailed information about the Horizons Exchange Traded Products. Please read the relevant prospectus before investing.